Saturday, March 26, 2016

Derby pie....Betty style


Ok...so it is more like a s'mores cookie pie I suppose. But I did get the idea for making this version from this beauty I had made earlier in the day. It is known as a derby pie (although it is also a little different than most derby pie recipes you will find- a friend shared it with me and not sure I can share sorry!) 

YUM basically the derby pie consists mainly of butter, sugars, eggs, chocolate, walnuts, flour, and did I mention butter and sugar? All good for you healthy ingredients:) This new creation I made
Is not much different ingredient wise but does has some quite delightful twists to it. Cadbury mini eggs. Enough said. I could have stopped there but why not add some marshmallows as well? So yes this version is similar to a s'mores cookie pie but still not quite the same thing...I would like to hope it is a bit better :) enjoy and try not to be like my friend and I who literally drooled over it while it was baking 😳

S'mores derbyish pie :) 

Ingredients:

-1 stick of butter melted (but not fully) or room temperature 
-2 eggs
-1/2 cup all purpose flour
-1/2 cup dark brown sugar 
- half a bag of regular sized marshmallows (each marshmallow ripped into 4ths- if you have mini marshmallows probably a lot easier but I needed to use this bag up). 
- half a bag of Royal dark chocolate mini cadbury eggs crushed up into smaller pieces. ( milk chocolate ones will work too)
- premade graham cracker crust (I just use the store bought one that comes in a pie shape already but feel free to make your own) 
Optional but highly recommended:
whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, hot fudge sauce or all three :)

Directions: 
1. Preheat oven to 325. (If making your own crust prepare crust) 
2. Rip marshmallows into fourths--yes rip don't try and cut not worth it....trust me. 
3. Crush cadburys into smaller sized pieces. Just place in bag and slam away with a rolling pin 😁 ! (great stress reliever if you need one 😳) 
4. Place melted butter and sugar in mixer bowl and mix until combined and fluffy.
5. Add in eggs and flour and mix well until combined. Scrape down the sides of bowl and mix another to ensure all is combined. 
6. Add in cadburys and marshmallows and mix until evenly distributed. 

7. Place dough in prepared crust and place the pie crust on a cookie sheet before placing in oven. 
8. Place in oven and bake at 325 for 50-60 minutes. 
Keep checking and drool over it like my friend and I did....or don't. But do check to make sure marshmallows don't explode or burn too much. 



9. Try and have a tad bit of self control and let the pie cool for at least 15 - 20 minutes before digging in because the middle will still be cooking. (I didn't say it was unacceptable to test the topping right now though 😁)
10. Enjoy warm (if completely cooled just nuke in the microwave to warm up) or cool with some toppings such as whipped cream, ice cream,  chocolate fudge sauce, peanut butter ( bet nuts 'n more white chocolate flavor would be delightful with this). 


No comments:

Post a Comment