Sunday, March 20, 2016

Crockpot fruit and yogurt marinaded chicken



Like I said last week one of my favorite chicken marinade s is fruit....but I proved myself wrong by trying out a yogurt marinade on the grill. I loved it! So why not combine the two? I am also almost out of propane and wanted to make chicken that would pull apart easily to make wraps out of so I decided to use my crockpot. After a little dusting off of the crockpot some pull apart chicken great for wraps, salads, or as is came out! Enjoy. 

Ingredients: 
- 2 chicken breasts
-1 cup of Siggis plan yogurt 
- 2 tbsp of cinnamon 
- juice from half a blood orange 
- juice from half a lemon 
- chopped up fruit of choice ( I used 5 strawberries, 2 freshly cut pineapple
 Rings, half a blood orange (sliced with peel on still), half a lemon ( sliced with peel on still).

Directions:
1. Place all fruit, chicken, cinnamon and yogurt in a big freezer sized zip lock bag. 
2. Mash all around to ensure chicken is fully coated and juices/ cinnamon spread out. 
3. Place in fridge to marinate for at least 2 hours. 
4. Take out when ready. Turn crockpot to high and spray with cooking spray. 
5. Place all ingredients including fruits and yogurt in the crockpot. 
6. Top with additional berries if you would like and cook on high for 2 to 2.5 hours depending on thickness of your chicken. 
7. Take out when done and trash the fruit and marinade juice that may be left. 
8. Enjoy! I made a wrap with some spinach dip, veggies, and lettuce. Good alone with some side dishes
 or top a salad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment