Sunday, March 20, 2016

Another smoothie variation sorry! A tropical twist


I am just pretending the snow isn't coming and I am in a tropical place :) not too much longer (26 days not that I am counting or anything)! I am a bit on the busy side these days with work, packing and such so was doing a lot of prep today. I went with the tropical theme because when I went to the market yesterday pineapple was only 1.99! Could not pass that up. I decided to combine a bunch of different fruits not know how they would mix with the snickerdoodle flavor but it works! I don't really measure out the exact fruit more of of what looked yummy so measurements are not quite exacts for those. I also knew that I would be freezing these for the week so used the fresh fruit and not frozen. Same recipe will work with frozen fruit. 

Ingredients for one smoothie (I made multiple batches): 
1 scoop of PE select snickerdoodle protein powder 
1 3.5 ounce container of plain Siggis yogurt 
2-3 cups total of mixed fruits ( I used about 1/2 a blood orange, 2 pineapple rings, handful of raspberries, and 2-3 strawberries) 

Directions :
1. Add all ingredients in blender and blend until combined. 
2. Add to storage containers (aka mason jars) and freeze! 

No comments:

Post a Comment