Sunday, February 12, 2017
Hallmark Holiday and snow. Of course that means baking. I am not going into my feelings on Valentine's Day. If you know me you know them. If not....infer them. It gives me a reason to bake more. :) Enjoy!
frosted sugar cookies:
1 cup butter (room temp)
1 and 1/2 cup white sugar
hearty pour of vanilla (1-2 tsp)
2 and 3/4 cup cake flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
recipe for you favorite icing / buttercream frosting
--sorry I do not really measure this
this time I did about 1/4 stick softened butter, 1 and 3/4 cup powdered sugar, pour of vanilla, and 1 tbsp of milk. (mix butter and powder sugar together . Then add vanilla and milk. Add more powder sugar if needed. Mix until you reach the consistency you would like. )
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees f and line cookie sheet with parchment WHEN READY TO BAKE YOU WILL NEED TO CHILL DOUGH. I DID NOT FOR THE FIRST BATCH AND THEY WERE NOT AS FLUFFY.
1. In your mixing bowl, mix together butter and sugar until well combined.
2. Add in the egg and vanilla until combined.
3. In a seperate bowl combine the dry ingreidents.
4. A bit at a time, add the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture. Mix unitl all is incorporated.
The title says it all. Snow day=baking day. I really wanted to bake a cake I had made a couple of years ago but did not have all the ingredients. I had a couple overripe naners that I needed to use so made this spin on a naner bread. You can never have enough naner bread recipes right? Enjoy!
raspberry naner bread
2 ripe medium sized naners, mashed
⅓ cup nut butter (I used homemade almond butter--make sure it is smooth enough and not too dry. Needs to be drippy.)
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon coconut melted coconut oil
¾ cup oat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ cup frozen raspberries (can be fresh but might change consistency)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. Mix together wet ingredients with your mixer.
3. In a separate bowl mix together dry ingredients add to wet ingredients.
4. Mix until just combined.
5. Fold in raspberries
6. Pour batter into lined loaf pan.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes ( tooth pick/knife should come out clean)
8. let cool and enjoy!
recipe adapted from: http://rachlmansfield.com/strawberry-oatmeal-banana-bread/