That was a lengthy title sorry. But it does speak for itself. These cookies are just that....buttery, chewy, crispy, and most importantly stuffed with some chocolate goodness. More specifically cookies stuffed with some robin eggs malted milk balls. Why these already....before St. Patty's? Well I was doing some cleaning and just happened upon them so again why not? Color your life :) ( not with sprinkles this time?! I know odd). Sometimes you just want a honest old fashioned buttery cookie made with ap flour (feel free to sub but I think it will change the chewy and crunchy part!). Did I need to make these nope but enjoy :)
- 1 stick of unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 bag of mini Whopper Robin Eggs, crushed ( I left some whole as well- you want a variety- whole, halves, pieces, and the crumbs!)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Crush eggs!
- In your mixer add the butter, sugar, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Add the egg and mix until throughly combined.
- Add the baking soda to your flour
- Slowly add in flour mixture making sure that everything is combined. Mix until all is combined.
- Add in the amount of mini eggs you so desire to! Use the mixer to start and then to ensure an even distribution mix with hands.
- Create a large ball out of the dough and then spoon into balls and place on your prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes- until tops are brown- the centers will still be a tad gooey if you add as much chocolate as I did :)
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes and then have self control unlike myself and move to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy warm or cool! (Of course a nice class of milk goes well or a nice cookie sundae or cookie ice cream sandwich :) )