Sunday, May 1, 2016

Branching out....no pun intended....Beet green chips


I have been roasting beets with my veggies and love them. I never had beets really until last summer and just love them in salads! I have heard the beet greens are good for you and taste good as well. The bunch I bought this week had a lot of greens so I figured I would experiment. 

Ingredients: 
Beet greens (washed, dried, and chopped into smaller portions)
Olive or coconut oil
Sea Salt
Pepper

Directions: 
1. Preheat oven to 400 and line baking sheet with parchment paper 
2. Take prewashed, dried, and chopped greens and place in a bowl. Cover with the amount of oil you would like and make sure to mix and massage onto all greens. 
3. Sprinkle the salt and pepper on top ( amount is to your liking)
4. Place on baking sheet and place in over for 10-12 minutes or until crisp. (Keep checking to ensure  they do not burn!)
5. Enjoy! I dipped in some homemade beet and spinach dip! 


No comments:

Post a Comment