Sunday, May 1, 2016

It's the weekend....what do you expect?




I know it is going to be teacher appreciation week but nurses week is also coming up next week. Due to it being Mother's Day next weekend I figured I would be baking for that and decided to make these this weekend (never hurt to be early). My mom is a nurse and does a lot so they are for her with some nice flowers to go with them :) (let's be honest I just needed another reason to bake too 🙄) enjoy and if you are a nurse thank you! 


I know my mom enjoys the almond biscotti I make but wanted to switch it up. I stumbled upon the original version of these cookies and decided to make them (and the title from the original recipe  is true so easy to make!) enjoy! 


Ingredients:
2 cups almond flour 
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup honey 
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup shredded coconut flakes 


Directions: 

1. Preheat oven to 350 and line cookie sheet with parchment paper. 

2. Place almond flour, followed by baking powder, honey, vanilla, and finally the coconut in a mixer bowl. 


3. Mix until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Mix again to ensure all is combined.  If you think your dough is too dry add more honey. 

4. Form a ball out of the dough and spoon onto prepared cookie sheet.


5. Place in preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes depending on size. 

6. Take out and let cool on cookie sheet for about 2 minutes and then move to wire rack. 



7. Enjoy! Would go well warmed topped with some vanilla ice cream drizzled with honey and almond butter :) (I wouldn't know or anything 🙄)





Recipe adapted from: http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-the-worlds-easiest-cookies-just-happen-to-be-paleo-vegan-and-gluten-free-230608

No comments:

Post a Comment