No reason other than I like to bake on the weekends, saw this recipie online, had dates that needed to be used, and have a peanut butter addiction. Enjoy :)
Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Cup Tart
- FOR THE CRUST:
- ¾ cup medjool pitted dates -- (soaked in hot water for 5 minutes)
- ¾ cup roasted peanuts
- FOR THE FILLING:
- ¾ cup nuts n more salted caramel peanut butter (or a bit more like a cup :))
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Oat flour
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- 3 Tbsp. Melted coconut oil
- 6 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 and ½ Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- A nice pour of vanilla extract
- (Optional for topping: peanuts and sea salt)
- 1 bar of trader joes dark chocolate melted
For the crust:
1. Get a round tart pan
2. Soak the dates for 5 minutes in hot water.
3. Drain the dates and add them to a food processor with the peanuts. Pulse until a sticky ball forms. Press into prepared cake pan. Place in the fridge while you make your filling.
For the filling:
1. melt peanut butter in a small pan.
2. Once melted remove from heat and add maple syrup and oat flour.
3. Mix to combine well. ( mixture will be on the drier side but it should form a ball.
4. spread the filling onto the prepared crust. Press it flat with your fingers, then place it in the freezer to set (at least 30mins)
For the topping:
1. Add melted coconut oil, cocoa powder, maple syrup, and vanilla to a bowl.
2. Mix well until combined.
- Press topping over the filling, using a spatula to make sure the entire top is covered. ( I ran out of coconut oil so I think mine was a bit drier and coco powerish) ( I know there are some chocolate haters so I left some plain 😳 those people can't be trusted)
- Top with chopped peanuts and drizzle with melted chocolate bar....because there is nut such a things as too much chocolate.
- Store in the fridge, tightly wrapped in press and seal
Recipe adapted from:http://www.fooduzzi.com/2016/05/peanut-butter-cup-tart/