Monday, May 2, 2016

I got a request for homemade almond butter 😋🙃

Yum :) if you know me at all you know I have a nut butter obsession. Yes nut butter.....not just one type all types. It is bad real bad...I have been exploring so many new brands as well. If you would like I can start a review section! Although I do  love all the brands and flavors I have been finding I also love to make my own. It is so simple and you can be creative as you would like ( and making your own almond butter is a lot cheaper!) I got a request for some cinnamon raisin almond butter so enjoy! If you would like different versions I have made let me know. 

Cinnamon raisin almond butter: 

Ingredients: 

-one 16 ounce bag of almonds (I used roasted unsalted from Trader Joe's)
-1/4 teaspoon of vanilla 
-1 teaspoon of cinnamon 
-a pinch of nutmeg 
- a box and a half of the snack sized box of raisins (or amount you like)

Directions: 

1. Place almonds followed by spices and vanilla in your food processor.

2. Turn processor on and let mix around and try to wait patiently 🙄 
Mix will begin to crumble. 

3. When ingredients are starting to mix together more pause and mix around with a spatula (wiping down the sides) and make sure all spices are mixing in. 
4. Entertain yourself while it spins around.  Pause and mix around one more time whe the mixture is becoming smooth. 

5. Keep mixing until you have the desired consistency...this one was very smooth so I let it mix for a bit longer than normally do. 



6. Try to have self control  and don't start eating it yet... Only to test the spice ratio. 

7. Add in raisins (I added a pinch or two more of cinnamon as well) 

8. Remove processor blade and using as many spatulas as needed mix raisins around. Make sure to scrape bottom and sides of the middle part.

9. Transfer into jar of choice (this was a gift so used a mason jar but typically I just use a plastic air tight storage container)

10. Enjoy and I store mine in the fridge because it is fresh --stir before enjoying each time as it is natural and the raisins may settle as well. 




No comments:

Post a Comment