Saturday, May 21, 2016

I used dark chocolate that is healthy right?




There are a couple grad parties, it's the weekend and I had a request.....enough reasons? Maybe maybe not. Or simply I just like to bake. Keeping that thought in mind I do not find many recipes I don't like baking or trying out...only a handful come to mind when I think of it. Chocolate chip cookies are always one of those. I have been getting better with them lately but for some reason something is always messed up, under baked or over baked. Last time I baked them they were perfect this time .... I had a variety of a tad crisper and a tad in the middle...we can just say I am aiming to please all ( my family likes them burned anyways).  Oh well here is a new recipe I concocted (very similar to my favorite double tree cookies .....that I am now craving....I see a vacation in my future). Enjoy! 

 chocolate chip walnut cookies: 

  • Ingredients:
  • 2 Sticks unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 and 1/2 cup dark brown sugar 
  • 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 Eggs
  • 2 1/2 cups white wheat flour (or ap)
  • 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • Pinch of  salt
  • 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
  • 2 trader joes chocolate bars -shaved and chopped  (I used one dad and one caco)
  • Handful of chopped walnuts
  1. Directions: 
  2. (Make sure chocolate is shaved and chopped) 
  3. 1. Add the butter, sugar and vanilla im your mixing bowl. Mix together until  the  ingredients form airy and fluffy combination (about 3 mins).
  4. 2. Add the eggs in mix until just combined. 

  5. 3. Combine the flour, oats,baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add in the mixture a bit at a time.
  6.  4. When all the flour mixture had been added mix until just combined. 
  7. 5. Add in the chocolate and walnuts 

  8. 6. Mix gently until just combined. Scrape down sides and bottom of bowl with a spatula and mix to ensure all ingredients are mixed. 

  9. 7. Scoop out ball of dough and place them on a plate. Cover plate with press and seal and chill for at least 30 mins ( mine stayed in the fridge overnight). 



  10. (Just enough left to eat :) ) 
  11. When ready to bake: 
  12. 1. Preheat oven to 350. 
  13. 2. Place dough  on a parchment-lined baking sheet. 

  14. 3. Bake for 12-15 minutes (center of the cookie is still a bit soft but edged will be browned). move to cooling rack once out of oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment