There are a couple grad parties, it's the weekend and I had a request.....enough reasons? Maybe maybe not. Or simply I just like to bake. Keeping that thought in mind I do not find many recipes I don't like baking or trying out...only a handful come to mind when I think of it. Chocolate chip cookies are always one of those. I have been getting better with them lately but for some reason something is always messed up, under baked or over baked. Last time I baked them they were perfect this time .... I had a variety of a tad crisper and a tad in the middle...we can just say I am aiming to please all ( my family likes them burned anyways). Oh well here is a new recipe I concocted (very similar to my favorite double tree cookies .....that I am now craving....I see a vacation in my future). Enjoy!
chocolate chip walnut cookies:
- (Make sure chocolate is shaved and chopped)
- 1. Add the butter, sugar and vanilla im your mixing bowl. Mix together until the ingredients form airy and fluffy combination (about 3 mins).
- 2. Add the eggs in mix until just combined.
- 3. Combine the flour, oats,baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add in the mixture a bit at a time.
- 4. When all the flour mixture had been added mix until just combined.
- 5. Add in the chocolate and walnuts
- 6. Mix gently until just combined. Scrape down sides and bottom of bowl with a spatula and mix to ensure all ingredients are mixed.
- 7. Scoop out ball of dough and place them on a plate. Cover plate with press and seal and chill for at least 30 mins ( mine stayed in the fridge overnight).
- (Just enough left to eat :) )
- When ready to bake:
- 1. Preheat oven to 350.
- 2. Place dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 3. Bake for 12-15 minutes (center of the cookie is still a bit soft but edged will be browned). move to cooling rack once out of oven.