Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Another twist on my almond biscotti....with a delightful surprise




Like I said with the previous twist on my biscotti I like to experiment when I bake. I know that one of the things I bake that my mom loves is the regular almond biscotti and it was Mother's Day so I wanted to bake to make her happy....but also wanted to experiment with an add it. Clearly went to target to get something else and ended up in the baking isle and walked by these.....
Needless to say they are the delightful surprise that was added. They are not overwhelming but add a nice twist. Enjoy! 

Ingredients: 
1 stick of unsalted butter softened 
1 cup dark brown sugar 
2 eggs
A heafty pour of vanilla 
3 cups of white wheat flour 
A pinch of sea salt 
1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder 
1/2 cup (or to your liking) sliced almonds 
1/2 cup toffee pieces 

Directions: 
1. Cream together butter and sugar until smooth. 

2. Add in eggs and vanilla 

3. Add in 2 cups of the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined 
      ( at this point I usually add in the remaining cup of flour but decided to add in almonds first this time) 
4. Add in almonds and toffee pieces and mix until just combined. Add in final cup of flour and mix in using hands. Dough might seem a tad crumbly so make sure all is incorporated. 


5. Split dough into two equal sized balls. 

6. Place on a work surface and mold into 2 log shapes. Wrap with plastic wrap and place in fridge for an hour or so. ( I did these overnight and I think it made the dough tastier! )

7. When ready preheat oven to 350
  Place logs on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in oven for 20-30 mins ( until golden brown) 


8. When timer goes off take cookie sheet out and turn oven to 335. Cut dough into diagonal slices and arrange on cookie sheet side up

9. Bake on sides of 4-5 mins flip and repeat on other side for 4-5mins (if you want them crispier cook for the longer time. 

10. Place on cooling rack or be like me and burn your mouth eating them :). They go great in a cup of coffee! 


11. If you have any left store in a container! 


No comments:

Post a Comment