Thursday, February 4, 2016

Siggi's yogurt "cheesecake" and a chance for some coupons!



Did I need to bake? Nope. Should I have done something else? Yup. Oh well! I don't need an excuse but have two…..being an ambassador or Siggi’s and the fact that it has been on sale at two different markets! Ok maybe a third also. My birthday may or may not be coming up and I enjoy baking my own cake….I am not a huge cake person so like to make something I will enjoy and like to be creative! Last year was great! I stumbled upon the filling recipe for these “cheesecakes” while looking for a new cake to bake this year. I honestly am not a fan of cheesecake ( can't get over the idea of cream cheese being in my cake Dunkin donuts ruined in my swimming days) but this is a creative spin on the traditional dessert! It is much healthier and doesn't not even use cream cheese! I got a little creative with the flavors and next time (because my coworker told me there WILL be a next time) I am going to combine the coconut and raspberry Siggi’s and use lime not lemon! Enjoy and if you make it let me know how it works! 
Now the giveaway....if you comment and tell me your favorite way to enjoy Siggis I will pick a random winner and send you a couple coupons! 


Ingredients:


For the crust:

1 1/4 cups almond meal or flour 
1/4 cup coconut ( or granulated) sugar 
pinch of salt
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled a tad 

For the filling:

2 -5.3 ounce containers of Siggi’s 2% coconut yogurt
2 -5.3 ounce containers of Siggi’s vanilla yogurt
½ cup coconut (or granulated) sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tbs lemon zest 
Raspberries to top with ( or berry of choice)
Directions:

1.Preheat the oven to 350 °F. 
2. Line a muffin pan with 10 liners.
3.In a mixing bowl place the almond meal, sugar and salt mix until combined. 
Add in the butter and mix until thoroughly combined.

4. Use your hands to make one final mix and ensure all ingredients are combined well. 
5. Divide and spread the dough between the liners and lightly press down with your fingers so the dough is settled into the liner. 

6. Place in preheated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
7.Remove from the oven and cool for at least 10 minutes while preparing the filling.

(Mine got a tad browner than I wished so took out of the pan to cool)

To make the filling:
1. Turn oven down to 340.
2. Either rise your mixing bowl and mixer attachment or swap out for a new one if using a stand mixer. 
3. Put the yogurt and sugar in the mixer bowl and mix until combined thoroughly. 

4. Add in eggs, vanilla and lemon zest and mix until smooth and a bit runny. 


5.Divide and pour the cheesecake mixture into the muffin tins ( should be about ¾ full) ****NOTE you will have a lot of filling left over. I combined and mixed recipes and was not sure how much crust the recipe would make. If you decide to make one big tart you will probably have less left over. You could also double the crust recipe and it would be perfect! 
(Leftover)

6. Place muffin tin in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, until cheesecake is just set.
( should not be too shiny but not too dry) 

7. Take out of oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
8. Place a raspberry or other berry on the top of each one and then cool on a wire rack for 1-2 hours. 

9. Move the tarts to the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours before serving! 

10. Served chilled and enjoy alone or topped with some nuts n’ more white chocolate (or chocolate) peanut butter or ice cream or both! 



Filling and crust recipes adapted from:

http://kristineskitchenblog.com/2015/07/30/greek-yogurt-cheesecake-tart-with-shortbread-crust-and-peaches/#5MxWQqX0jRDvQESu.99

http://www.texanerin.com/2015/05/mini-cheesecakes-grain-free-gluten-free.html#_a5y_p=3864152#AX3PU9wMi7HQr5hV.99

No comments:

Post a Comment