Days off are for baking and cooking experiments. I like to make my own meals during the week and this is a new experiment meal. I usually just grill or sauté chicken but decided to bake it this time. I guess I tend to stray from baking it is because most recipes I find are for servings of 4-6. Good thing I made this up in my own. Hope you enjoy. Serve with a side salad and some maple roasted brussel sprouts (or asparagus would pair well not maple roasted though) and sweet potatoes ( or butternut squash)!
Maple syrup glazed and walnut crusted stuffed baked chicken:
Ingredients (to serve one):
-1 chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
-1 cup chopped and processes walnuts (careful not to process too much or you will have walnut flour!)
- handful of uncooked spinach
-1-2 tablespoons goat cheese or cheese of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Process walnuts in blender or food processor. Don't go crazy you don't want walnut flour!
3. Gather all ingredients and place next to the plate you will be working with.
4. Put gloves on and prepare chicken.
6. Place chicken upside down and run walnuts on then move to the glass baking pan right side up.
7. Add a layer of spinach then cheese and top with another layer of spinach.
8. Roll up and tie with dental floss or thread.
9. Top with some more walnuts because with rolling it up you probably lost some!
10. Place in oven and bake 40-45 minutes depending on how thick your chicken breast is.
11. Cut and ensure the chicken is no longer pink.
12. Enjoy with some of the previously mentioned sides! Make sure not to eat the floss or string!