Sunday, February 28, 2016

A little twist on my almond biscotti...maple walnut




I just  like to bake. End of story. I like to experiment with new flavors and variations....I don't like to make the same things over and over. Hense the maple walnut twist in my normal almond biscotti. I know my mom really likes the regular ones I make and she has been doing a bunch for me seeing as every appliance in my apartment seems to be broken so I wanted to surprise her with a treat. I followed the same recipe and stows as my almond biscotti just added in some pure maple syrup and switched the almonds for walnuts. So you don't have to scroll back I will repost here. Enjoy! 


Ingredients: 
1 stick of unsalted butter softened 
1 cup dark brown sugar 
2 eggs
3 tbsp of pure maple syrup 
A heafty pour of vanilla 
3 cups of white wheat flour ( or flour of choice)
A pinch of sea salt 
1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder 
1/2 cup (or to your liking) walnut pieces  

Directions: 
1. Cream together butter and sugar until smooth. 

2. Add in eggs and vanilla 

3. Add in 2 cups of the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined.

4. Add in walnuts  and mix until just combined. Add in final cup of flour and mix in using hands. Dough might seem a tad crumbly so make sure all is incorporated. 

5. Split dough into two equal sized balls. 

6. Place on a work surface and mold into 2 log shapes. Wrap with plastic wrap and place in fridge for an hour or so.

7. When ready preheat oven to 350
  Place logs on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in oven for 20-30 mins ( until golden brown) 

8. When timer goes off take cookie sheet out and turn oven down to 325 (I do this because I don't like them super crispy). Cut dough into diagonal slices and arrange on cookie sheet side up.

9. Bake on sides of 4-5 mins flip and repeat on other side for 4-5mins (if you want them crispier cook for the longer time. 

10. Place on cooling rack or be like me and burn your mouth eating them :). They go great in a cup of coffee! 

11. If you have any left store in an air tight container! 




No comments:

Post a Comment