Like previously mentioned I am after an easy quick to go breakfast after I swim in the morning before work. I strayed from the usual flavors I bake with and experimented. I think it came out pretty well and pairs nicely with a side of yogurt and warmed up with butter spread on top or some peanut butter! Enjoy!
Blood orange and strawberry breakfast bread:
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line either a loaf pan with parchment paper or a glass baking dish ( just depends on how thick or thin you would like this)
2. Place banana, oat flour and maple syrup in mixer and mix until a dough forms (2-3 minutes depending on how ripe your naner is).
3. Add in baking powder, baking soda, salt and oil. Mixed until combined.
4. Add in egg whites and mix until just combined.
5. Add in 1/2 of ungound oats, yogurt, orange juice, and milk and again mix until just combined.
6. Add in sliced and chopped berries and mix with mixer until just combined (allows juices to come out rather than folding in).
7. Make sure everything is combined and pour batter into prepared dish.
8. Top with sliced berries and place in preheated oven.
9. Bake for 35-45 minutes depending on dish depth (I baked it for about 35...if deeper it will probably take longer).
10. Let cool and enjoy spread with some butter or nut butter of choice! Pair with some yogurt too!
****I would store in fridge after completely cooled. slice up and freeze to keep longer for an easy to go snack/ breakfast. Just take out and let defrost first!