Sunday, February 21, 2016

A birthday? or a reason to bake? Bakery Style chewy peanut butter cookies





 








Clearly I just use birthdays as an excuse to adventure in the kitchen...baking style. This is also the time I put my taste buds aside for the birthday person. We all know peanut butter cookies are not my favorite but my dad has had a recent obsession with them. When asked about any food or baked good even in a restaurant he usually just says the item is ok or fine. When I asked him how these were he said GOOD! AND JUST WAIT....you may want to take a seat too....I responded with like a bakery right? and he said NO BETTER THAN A BAKERY. wow. I think that if I got his approval I can call these a success (and we know I don't usually go for a pb cookie but have had my fair share already). Enjoy! They are a tad crunchy on the outside while still nice and moist and chewy on the inside. And as my dad said actually taste like peanut butter.

-a few notes-many recipes say don't use all natural pb because it spreads but I did anyways and clearly these did not spread. I just popped them in the freezer for 40 mins. before baking.

- if you have some dough waiting to be baked while a pan is cooking palce in fridge to keep chilled.

- DO NOT think they are under-baked after about 10-12 minutes they will look a bit underdone but then let sit for 2 minutes on pan and then move to a cooling rack!


  • 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter room temperature or softened
  • ½ cup granulated white sugar
  • ½ cup dark brown sugar
  • ½ cup (or a bit more...can't hurt :) ) chunky peanut butter ( used Teddie super chunk! I think the nuts add some nice texture)
  • 1  egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1½ cups all purpose white flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • ½ tsp salt
Directions:
       1. Mix the butter and sugars together in your mixer or a medium bowl.

2. Add the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
 3, Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mixed until just combined. Be sure to stop and scrape down the side of the bowl and then mix again until all combined.





4. Roll dough into a ball and using a cookie scooper scoop out cookies and place on a plate. Cover with press and seal and place in freezer for 30-40 minutes. (if you have more time in the fridge for about an hour or up to overnight).

















5. Preheat oven to 350. After done chilling place cookies on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.


6. Place in oven and bake 10-13 minutes.  ***read note at the top***



7. Let sit on pan for 2 minutes and then transfer to cooling rack to cool or eat :)



8. Enjoy with a nice glass of milk and some ice cream and maybe even topped with some more pb! Or make a nice cookie sandwich with some Arctic zero! 


*store in an airtight container to keep freshness once fully cooled.



-recipe adapted from:  http://www.dessertnowdinnerlater.com/thick-and-chewy-peanut-butter-cookies/

No comments:

Post a Comment