Sunday, November 6, 2016

It might be called work avoidance…


I just like to bake Okay? I was at whole foods last week… Or whole paycheck as my friend refers to it. I haven't been in a while, so of course I picked up a few of the necessities. One of them being Vermont peanut butter. I can get my nuts n more at the store down the street from me  ( trust me go get it at Dave Market....a jar a day.....) but this is the only place I can get my Vermont peanut butter. I've been trying to figure out what to make with it and today I just decided to make some cookies. I was going to make banana bread  but maybe I will with the leftover  pb..... not like there's much. I decided to try a new flavor and I chose the avalanche flavor. It's their regualr peanut butter with some white chocolate added in. I adapted the recipe from one of my go to blogs, Amy's baking blog. Enjoy....with a nice glass of milk :) 

White Chocolate Peanut Butter cookies with dark chocolate chunks

Ingredients:
  • 1 ½ tsp baking powder 
  • 2 cups of white wheat flour
  • 2 large egg whites
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup Vermont Peanut Butter Avalanche flavor 
  • 1 cup dark brown sugar 
  • 4 table spoons of melted coconut oil
  • one Trader Joe's dark chocolate bar broken into chunks ( I made half the cookies with and half without- for those odd people who are chocolate haters)
Directions : 


  1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and  line cookie sheet with parchment paper. 
  2. In a  bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder.
  3.  In your mixer bowl, mix the sugar, egg whites and vanilla together until combined. 
  4. Add in the flour mixture. Mix until combined. 
  5. Add in the coconut oil and the peanut butter and mix until combined. 
  6. Fold in the dark chocolate chunks ( I split the dough into two and did half with and half without)
  7. Roll the dough into  and place onto the prepared baking sheets. 
  8. Flatten to the desired thickness and width because they do not spread while baking. 
  9. Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes.Do not overcook. Bottoms should just be golden. 
  10.  Transfer to a wire rack to cool


adapted from:  http://amyshealthybaking.com/blog/2015/08/08/chocolate-chip-peanut-butter-cookies/


No comments:

Post a Comment