I just like to bake Okay? I was at whole foods last week… Or whole paycheck as my friend refers to it. I haven't been in a while, so of course I picked up a few of the necessities. One of them being Vermont peanut butter. I can get my nuts n more at the store down the street from me ( trust me go get it at Dave Market....a jar a day.....) but this is the only place I can get my Vermont peanut butter. I've been trying to figure out what to make with it and today I just decided to make some cookies. I was going to make banana bread but maybe I will with the leftover pb..... not like there's much. I decided to try a new flavor and I chose the avalanche flavor. It's their regualr peanut butter with some white chocolate added in. I adapted the recipe from one of my go to blogs, Amy's baking blog. Enjoy....with a nice glass of milk :)
White Chocolate Peanut Butter cookies with dark chocolate chunks
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 cups of white wheat flour
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Vermont Peanut Butter Avalanche flavor
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 table spoons of melted coconut oil
- one Trader Joe's dark chocolate bar broken into chunks ( I made half the cookies with and half without- for those odd people who are chocolate haters)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder.
- In your mixer bowl, mix the sugar, egg whites and vanilla together until combined.
- Add in the flour mixture. Mix until combined.
- Add in the coconut oil and the peanut butter and mix until combined.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chunks ( I split the dough into two and did half with and half without)
the dough into and place onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Flatten to the desired thickness and width because they do not spread while baking.
- Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes.Do not overcook. Bottoms should just be golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool