Halloween spritz cookies
COOKIE GUN NEEDED FOR THE SHAPES but dough does work for other cookies as well.
2 and 1/2 cups ap flour
Pinch of salt
1 and 1/4 powered sugar
1 cup unsalted butter (room temp- NOT TOO MELTED)
1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla
Food coloring of choice
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
2. In your mixing bowl, cream butter and slowly add in the flour and salt.
3. SLOWLY add in the powered sugar so it doesn't explode all over 🙄 (not like that has happened to me or anything)
4. Blend in the egg and vanilla.
5. Mix to make sure all is well combined.
6. Optional separate dough into balls and add food coloring. I split this batch in half and did half orange and half purple.
7. Add dough to your cookie gun and add the shape attachment of your choice ( I did pumpkins and bats )
9. Place in preheated oven and bake 6-8 minutes. ( if only using one cookie sheet LET IT COOL between batches-dough will become to buttery to hold the shape if you do not.)
10. Transfer to wire rack to cool if you are a person with self control, unlike myself 😁😂
11. Enjoy :)