I follow some ( not a lot.... more is not better!) great foodies on instagram and Ashley from Fit Mitten is one of them! She has some awesome posts and I saw this coconut flour pumpkin bread a couple weeks back and have been wanting to make it. So while I was baking for everyone else today I made it for me : ). I changed a few things around but for the most part it is the same. I nice twist on a classic fall bread. Enjoy!
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)
- ¼ cup creamy natural nut or seed butter (I used homemade pumpkin seed butter)
- 3 TBS maple syrup
- hefty pour vanilla extract
- 1tbs of melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- ½ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper
- In a bowl combine coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. mix together until no lumps of coconut flour remain.
- In a medium bowl whisk together pumpkin puree, nut/seed butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Then add eggs and milk and oil, mix until all ingredients are fully combined.
dry ingredients into bowl of wet ingredients, mix until just combined.
- Transfer batter to loaf pan, sprinkle the top with pumpkin seeds.
- Bake at 375F for about 20-30 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out with little to no crumbs.
- cool in pan for 10-15 minutes then transfer to cool on wire rack completely
recipe adapted from: http://www.fitmittenkitchen.com/coconut-flour-pumpkin-bread/