Strawberry Shortcake Biscuit Cookies
1 cup chopped strawberries ( I used a combo of 7 small and medium ones)
1 tablespoon of honey
2 cups of white wheat four (this does make them taste different--if you want the true biscuit flavor go with all purpose--my dad made sure to make that comment)
1/4 cup of white sugar ( and a little more--I had 1/2 measured out but did not use the whole thing)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
a pinch of salt
1/2 cup Siggis strawberry flavored yogurt (one container of it)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or a pour)
1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1 tablespoons milk
vanilla extract ( I used too much because of that I added more sugar and milk until it was at a desired consisency and taste)
1 teaspoon honey
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Dice/chop strawberries -make sure that the pieces separate so each cookie gets some lovin' :)
3. Place strawberries and honey in a small container and mix until strawberries are well coated with the honey. Place in refrigerator and set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
5. Stir in the Greek yogurt and vanilla and mix until just combined. The dough will be crumbly and this is what you are looking for.
6. Fold in the strawberry mixture mix until well combined.
7. Form a ball out of the dough to make sure you have everything mixed together and off of the bottom.
8. Spoon desired sized dough onto lined baking sheets (when I am bringing the baked goods places I tend to make them a bit smaller but would make these bigger next time).
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies have barely started to brown on top (these are for the smaller sized---bigger biscuits would probably require a little more time to cook inside about 15-18 minutes).
10. Remove from the oven and transfer cookies onto a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
11. While the cookies are cooking (or before if you have no self control like me) make the glaze:
Place the sugar, milk and vanilla into a small bowl and gently wish together until no lumps remain.
Drizzle glaze over cookies and serve or allow to set before serving (HA yeah right).
12. Enjoy :)