It is the last day of summer school! Woooo summer is here now! For a little while at least. Don't get me wrong I like teaching summer school but also like a little time off as well. Normal people would not think of this as a reason to bake but clearly I do. I asked one of my coworkers what she wanted me to bake and walnut chocolate chip cookies were one of the final choices. I tired a new recipe that I kinda/sorta made up. Different that chocolate chip cookies I have made before. Enjoy! (ALSO it just happens to be national chocolate chip cookie day too SO YOU SHOULD MAKE THESE NOW) :)
Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
- 1 and 1/2 stick of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- Hearty pour of pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2 cups ivory wheat (white wheat) flour
- A pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup -1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 and 1/2 dark chocolate bar (I used Trader Joe's)
- In your mixer cream butter and sugar together fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Add in the salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Mix until just combined.
- Add in one cup of cake flour. Mix until just combined.
- Add the remaining 2 cups of flour and mix until just combined.
- Add in the chopped and shaved chocolate.
- To ensure all ingredients are combined by using your hands.
- Add in the walnuts and again using your hands combine.
- Using a cookie scooper or spoon, scoop out balls, place on a plate and cover with Press and seal.
- Place in fridge for at least one hour ( I needed to bake quicker so I placed in freezer for 30 mins)
- WHEN READY TO BAKE: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the dough balls on the lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-15 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet if you have self control because the caramel will be hot ! Transfer to cookie rack to continue cooling.
- Enjoy heated up with some ice cream and a nice big glass milk!