Thursday, August 4, 2016

Now it is really summer :)


It is the last day of summer school! Woooo summer is here now! For a little while at least. Don't get me wrong I like teaching summer school but also like a little time off as well. Normal people would not think of this as a reason to bake but clearly I do. I asked one of my coworkers what she wanted me to bake and walnut chocolate chip cookies were one of the final choices. I tired a new recipe that I kinda/sorta made up. Different that chocolate chip cookies I have made before. Enjoy! (ALSO it just happens to be national chocolate chip cookie day too SO YOU SHOULD MAKE THESE NOW) :) 

Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies

Ingredients:
  • 1 and 1/2 stick of unsalted butter, room temperature 
  • 1 cup dark brown sugar 
  • 2 eggs 
  • Hearty pour of pure vanilla extract 
  • 1 cup cake flour 
  • 2 cups ivory wheat (white wheat) flour
  • A pinch of salt 
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder 
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons cream of tartar 
  • 1/2 cup -1 cup chopped walnuts 
  • 1 and 1/2 dark chocolate bar (I used Trader Joe's) 
Directions 
  1. In your mixer cream butter and sugar together fluffy. 
  2. Add egg and vanilla extract. Mix until combined. 
  3. Add in the salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Mix until just combined. 
  4. Add in one cup of cake flour. Mix until just combined. 
  5. Add the remaining 2 cups of flour and mix until just combined. 
  6. Add in the chopped and shaved chocolate. 

  7.  To ensure all ingredients are combined by using your hands. 
  8. Add in the walnuts and again using your hands combine. 
  9. Using a cookie scooper or spoon, scoop out balls, place on a plate and cover with Press and seal. 
  10. Place in fridge for at least one hour ( I needed to bake quicker so I placed in freezer for 30 mins) 
  11. WHEN READY TO BAKE: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheet with parchment paper. 
  12. Place the dough balls on the lined cookie sheet. 
  13. Bake for 8-15 minutes.
  14. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet if you have self control because the caramel will be hot ! Transfer to cookie rack to continue cooling.
  15. Enjoy heated up with some ice cream and a nice big glass milk!






No comments:

Post a Comment