Sunday, August 21, 2016

A request was made....ooey, gooey, chewy, and chocolatly chocolate chip cookies



Sorry nothing creative to say 😱 I didn't bring cookies to yoga last weekend and multiple people asked what I baked....whoops😁  I asked one of the instructors what she requested and she asked for chocolate chip cookies. If you know me they are not my favorite thing to  bake but I aim to please 🙄 I tired a new recipe and they are ooey, gooey, chocolatly and chewy (as seen below) 😋 enjoy! 

Ingredients
  1. 1 and 1/2 cups ap flour (stick to ap for fluffness wheat will dry them out) 
  2. 1 teaspoon baking soda
  3. Pinch of salt
  4. 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temp.
  5. 1/2 cup plus four tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
  6. 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup 
  7. 1 large egg
  8. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract ( or a heafty pour) 
  9. 1 bar of dark chocolate (I used trader Joe's) chopped and shaved 

Directions: 
  1. Chop and shave chocolate bar. 

    2.  Wisk the flour, baking soda and salt together in a bowl. 
  2. In your mixing bowl, mix the butter, sugar, and maple syrup. Mix until fluffy/smooth.
  3. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined. 
  4. Add one cup of the flour mixture and mix in until just combined.

  5. Add the chocolate in and mix for about 2 seconds :) 
  6. Add in the reminding 1/2 cup of flour and mix until JUST combined do not over mix (flour will still be on sides) 


  7. Scrape downs the sides and stir with a spatula or your hands  just until combined.

  8. The dough will be very sticky so using either a cookie scoop or a spoon scoop out the dough and place on a plate. (Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl because the dough is so sticky I got another 2 cookies from it!
    )
    *****it was requested that these be nut free but I know some people like nuts in their cookies and let's be honest I do so at this point I scooped half out and added walnuts to the remaining half and repeated.



  9. Cover the plate with press and seal and place in fridge to chill for at least one hour ( I did overnight). 
  10. Eat the remaining dough on the mixer blade :).   If you get sick it's not my fault you don't have to listen to everything I tell you :) 
  11. When ready to bake: preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
  12. Bake the cookies 8-12 minutes until the edges are lightly browned and the tops feel firm. 
  13. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes (depending on the bottoms) MAKE SURE TO DO THIS (I usually skip this part but these cookies need it) and then then transfer to wire racks to cool completely (after trying some of course).  


  14. Enjoy warmed with a glass of milk and ice cream and why not some peanut butter as a topping? Or some hot fudge :) 








No comments:

Post a Comment