An upgrade to my Bakery Style chewy peanut butter cookies.
Ever since I made my dad the peanut butter cookies for his birthday he has been nagging and sometimes attempting to politely hint that I need to make them again. We all know I like to experiment and bake new things but honestly he needs to stop asking! Maybe these will stop him from asking for over a week or two....until he asks again. The recipe is basically the same but changed up the nut butter to Vermont peanut butter beenut butter because it is just so tasty. Also, keeping in mind these are for my dad if any of you reading this know him also know he has an obsession with pure Vermont maple syrup. This 'beenut' butter is the company's peanut butter with pure Vermont honey added in (almost the same as syrup)....I aim to please. The majority of the original blurb is below followed by the directions. Enjoy!
We all know peanut butter cookies are not my favorite but my dad has had a recent obsession with them. When asked about any food or baked good even in a restaurant he usually just says the item is ok or fine. When I asked him how these were he said GOOD! AND JUST WAIT....you may want to take a seat too....I responded with like a bakery right? and he said NO BETTER THAN A BAKERY. wow. I think that if I got his approval I can call these a success (and we know I don't usually go for a pb cookie but have had my fair share already). Enjoy! They are a tad crunchy on the outside while still nice and moist and chewy on the inside. And as my dad said actually taste like peanut butter.
-a few notes-many recipes say don't use all natural pb because it spreads but I did anyways and clearly these did not spread. I just popped them in the freezer for 40 mins. before baking.
- if you have some dough waiting to be baked while a pan is cooking place in fridge to keep chilled.
- DO NOT think they are under-baked after about 10-12 minutes they will look a bit underdone but then let sit for 2 minutes on pan and then move to a cooling rack!
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter room temperature or softened
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup (or a bit more...can't hurt :) ) peanut butter ( I used Vermont peanut butter beenut butter)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups all purpose white flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
1. Mix the butter and sugars together in your mixer or a medium bowl.
2. Add the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
4. Roll dough into a ball and using a cookie scooper, scoop out cookies and place on a plate. Cover with press and seal and place in freezer for 30-40 minutes. (if you have more time in the fridge for about an hour or up to overnight).
5. Preheat oven to 350. After done chilling place cookies on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Place in oven and bake 10-13 minutes. ***read note at the top***
7. Let sit on pan for 2 minutes and then transfer to cooling rack to cool or eat :)
8. Enjoy with a nice glass of milk and some ice cream and maybe even topped with some more pb! Or make a nice ice cream cookie sandwich :)
*store in an airtight container to keep freshness once fully cooled.