Saturday, August 27, 2016

It's the weekend and I'm having a bbq so naturally I will bake.




Read the title it explains all. Well mostly all. The third part is I had some really ripe naners I needed to use. Yes, you read that correctly....I said naners. There are naners in these cookies....shhhh don't tell. That makes them healthy right? HA nope just makes them fluffy and even pancake like. Aka the best breakfast food ever. I have made so many types of naner bread that I wanted to try something else. Especially going back to work after summer school ended  and with the school year starting again (because I will be making it a lot for breakfast on the go). Ok done with tangent. Anyways I didn't want to make a cake because not everyone attending the bbq like naners....I know what your thinking....THEY HAVE A PROBLEM. That's for another time though. So after looking through many ideas I took one I found and changed it around (because why not?) well that was the every long and rant version of how these white chocolate caramel cookies were born. Enjoy :) especially because they taste like naner bread pancakes turned into a cookie 😱

Nice and ripe


I just love brown sugar 😍 (especially on waffles and pancakes )

Ingredients: 

1/2 cup unsalted butter-room temp.
1 cup dark brown sugar

1 egg

2 mashed banana

1 tsp. baking soda

2 cups of cake  flour (use cake for the fluffness) 
1/2 tsp. Vanilla 
A pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup Caramel  bits

1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Directions: 

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas and baking soda together. 
3. Add the butter and sugar into the naner mix and mix until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and continue to mix until combined and fluffy. 
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and cinnamon.
5. Add the naner mixture one cup at a time mixing until just combined. 



6. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and then add the caramel bits and white chocolate chips into the batter. Mix until just combined.


 7. Using a cookie scoop scoop out and place on a plate. THE BATTER WILL BE STICKY! Cover and chill for at least an hour ( I placed in freezer for about 40mins) 

8. When ready place on cookie sheet with parchment paper and bake for 11-13 minutes. 

9. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely. 

10. Enjoy warmed up and topped with some Ice cream :) they make a great sundae base! 






Recipe adapted from: http://www.thekitchn.com/banana-white-chocolate-toffee-88258

No comments:

Post a Comment