Someone who won't be mentioned… Posted a recipe for me telling me it reminded me of them. I know that means "Katie will you please bake this for me?" AND another little birdie who also won't be mentioned asked if I would make them. Well, ask and you shall receive (unless it involves blueberries).
*Also if it makes it even better these are so easy to throw together.....I am a lazy baker and always use my mixer and I actually did NOT turn it on!)
- 1 Bag Sweetened coconut flakes(14 oz)
- 1-2 dark chocolate chips( I used one cup and then a bar of Trader Joe's dark chocolate chopped up)
- 2/3 cup chopped/sliced almonds
- 1 Can Sweetened condensed milk (14oz.)
* I made my dough the night before and chilled in ball form overnight due to timing. Could be made either way. I actually think doing this helped them to stay together better.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine coconut, chocolate chips, almonds, and sweetened condensed milk (add milk in last).
- Stir with silicone spatula until combined.
- Scoop out dough with a cookie scoop onto prepared baking sheet.(wear gloves ---very sticky!)
- Bake cookies for 10-13 minutes or until tops/edges of coconut are just starting to turn golden brown.
- Let cool on baking sheet.Then transfer to wire rack.