Saturday, October 1, 2016

Baking for my brother?


I know.....I am surprised myself, I never bake for my brother :). I mean it's not that I don't want to but I am just so tired after all those years of making easy mac for him 😂 He also doesn't have much of a sweet tooth (I don't know how we are related). He sent me this recipe http://www.runfasteatslow.com/blog/2015/9/25/superhero-muffins asking me to make it and I agreed because it actually sounded quite tasty, so it was a win win situation (unlike those mac and cheese days). I changed a few things around and added some spices and am really happy with them. I am going to try sunflower seeds next time! These will be a staple muffin recipe for me. Enjoy 😘

 Ingredients

  • 2 cups almond meal (might need a bit more if your zucchini is really watery)
  • 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats 
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon ginger 
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda 
  • Pinch sea salt
  • 3 eggs 
  • 1 cup grated zucchini 
  • 1 cup grated carrot 
  • 6 tablespoons coconut oil , melted 
  • 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
  • Hearty pour of pure vanilla extract 
Optional add-ins: raisins, craisins, chocolate chips , sunflower seeds 

Directions:

1. preheat the oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with liners.

2. In a  bowl, combine the almond meal, oats, walnuts, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, baking soda, and salt.  

3. In  your mixing bowl, mix together the eggs, zucchini, carrot, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla.

 4. Add the almond meal mixture to the wet dream ingredients and mixed until just combined. 

5. Using a cookie scoop or spoon, add the batter into the muffin cups filling each one.



6. Bake 20-30 minutes (depending on size) until the muffins are  browned on top and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.





7. Cool on wire rack. 


8. Enjoy! 


These freeze well for a go to breakfast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment