Well if you don't know already, I live in New England. And I'm a little upset with this New England weather because I was unable to Apple pick this year, therefore I have not made many (any) apple treats. My mother has requested that I make my apple tarts and she even went and bought apples from the apple orchard. But I opened an email this morning and it had a recipe for pumpkin scones. Of course no recipes require a full can of pumpkin so I had to make two things :). The apple tarts will come next weekend. For now enjoy some pumpkin apple scones. Recipe adapted from this wonderful baker who comes out with some awesome recipes.....too many awesome recipes that I just keep wanting to make! http://www.fitmittenkitchen.com/vegan-pumpkin-scones/
- In your mixing bowl add canned pumpkin, milk, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Stir until combined, set aside.
- In a separate bowl add flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, & spices. Wisk to combine.
- Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture. Mix until just combined. Be sure not to over mix.
- Fold in the apples.
- Shape dough into cookie sized circles. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake dough for 15-25 minutes. Tops should be lightly browned.
- Let scones cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy reheated and with some coffee :).