What is a staff meeting breakfast without some chocolate? You can blame cvs and the 50% Easter candy (yes the one near me is still fully stocked) isle for this one......
Butterfinger sugar cookie bars
- 1 and 1/2 sticks of butter melted
- 1½ cups white granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 bag of Butterfinger Nest Eggs-some chopped, shaved and a handful left as a oval--see directions
- ( any version will work these were just on sale)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking dish with parchment paper ( size of dish depends on how thick you would like your bars- I used a 7 by 11)
- Chop and cut Butterfinger candy.
- In a mixing bowl add the butter and sugar. Mix until combined.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs and until smooth.
- Add in the flour and mix until just combined.
- Fold in 3/4 of the chopped candy.
- Spread 3/4 the batter into the prepared pan.
- Top with remaining cut and chopped candy.
- Add remaining batter to the top of candy layer. Place the full sized candy where you would like :)
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until the edges are set. The bars might seen underdone allow them to cool completely. Ensure they are cooked by inserting a knife or toothpick.
- Once completely cooled cut and enjoy! ( yes wait until completely cooled!)
Recipe for bars loosely adapted from: