Sunday, March 26, 2017

Cherry Overnight Oats with a twist






Finally getting on the overnight oats train.......I am searching for easy to go breakfasts that keep me full. Giving the overnight oats a shot. I really like Amy's blog and found a tasty sounding recipe. I changed it around a bit but it is pretty similar, just switched a few ingredients. Also, the cherries are good post workout for muscle recovery!


Cherry Overnight Oats

¼ cup oats- I actually used Trader Joe's multigrain hot cereal mix
½ cup  plain Siggi's yogurt
¼ cup skim milk 
¼ cup ( or a bit more like 1/2cup) cherries- I used frozen ones and chopped them up to spread the love.
1 tsp of Trader Joe's Coffee Flour.....yup coffee flour :) (obviously optional) -if you do not use this I would use a 2tsp of another sweetener!


Directions:

1. Add all of the ingredients to a mason jar.

2.  Stir until combined.

3. Put lid on and place in the fridge for least 8 hours or overnight.
     (if you make a few ahead consume within 3 days.)


recipe adapted from:  http://amyshealthybaking.com/blog/2015/05/17/cherry-pie-protein-overnight-oats/

No comments:

Post a Comment