Saturday, March 18, 2017
It has been a while I know....gooey cookie bars
No excuses it has been too long. Work and life just got the best of Betty and haven't baked as much (been branching out a bit more) I will be making up for it though. Tried something new with cookie bars today. Enjoy :)
1 cup pastry flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
a pinch of salt
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 cup dark brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 egg yolk
hearty pour of vanilla extract
1 dark chocolate bar chopped and shaved ( I used a Trader Joe's one)
about one cup of the salted caramel morsels
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a 7 x 11 baking dish with parchment paper.
2. In your mixer, beat together the butter and sugars until combined. Leave to the side.
3. While that is mixing in a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. TO the butter and sugar mixture: Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
6. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
7. Press 3/4 of the cookie dough into the prepared dish.
8. Add the salted caramel morsels to the top of the layer of cookie dough.
9. Drop the remaining cookie dough in spoonfuls over the morsels.
10. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top of the bars are light golden brown
11.Let cool and then cut into squares and enjoy.
recipe adapted from: http://www.browneyedbaker.com/salted-caramel-chocolate-chip-cookie-bars/#.V-aBHCFtp6c.facebook