Sunday, March 26, 2017

Another birthday another experiment.



It is my mom's birthday and she told me last month all she wanted was a derby pie. It is not a traditional derby pie if you are to search the recipe online but one a friend has shared with me. Due to the reason it is a shared recipe I have not posted it. I have posted a couple of variations of it though (basically it is a chocolate chip cookie pie) . A few weeks ago I made the pie so I didn't want to make it again because I like to switch things up. Therefore, I gathered some other things my mom really likes and combined it with the derby pie recipe. This variation was now created....Enjoy!

Oreo Derby Pie:

Ingredients



-1 cup butter melted and cooled
-2 eggs
-1/2 cup AP flour
-1/2 cup white sugar
-1/2 cup dark brown sugar
-nice pour of vanilla

- 1 and 1/2 half cups of dark chocolate chips
-one chocolate cookie crust (or chocolate oreo crust)
- one snack sized container of golden oreos



Directions
pre-heat oven to 325.
1. In mixer add butter and sugar and beat until smooth and combined.
2. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
3. Add in the flour and mix.
4. fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Add to the cookie crust.
6. crumble (I just broke apart with my hands) the golden oreo cookies and place on top of the batter in the crust.

7. Bake for one hour at 325. Top should be golden brown.
8. Enjoy heated or at room temp with some ice cream and milk :)


No comments:

Post a Comment