We all know I love peanut butter, baking and nuts n more. So why not combine the three yet again? A twist on my simple almond biscotti. Enjoy!
Maple peanut butter biscotti:
1 stick of unsalted butter softened
1 cup dark brown sugar
A heafty pour of vanilla
2 and 2/3 cups of white wheat flour ( or flour of choice)
1/3 cup of nuts n more maple powdered peanut butter
A pinch of sea salt
1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 dark chocolate bar (I used trader joes)
1. Cream together butter and sugar until smooth.
2. Add in eggs and vanilla
3. Add in 2 cups of the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined.
4. Add in pb powder and mix. Add in remaining flour and mix with hands when done to ensure all is combined.
5. Split dough into two equal sized balls.
6. Place on a work surface and mold into 2 log shapes. Top one with shaved and chopped chocolate. Wrap with plastic wrap and place in fridge for an hour or so.
7. When ready preheat oven to 350
Place logs on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in oven for 20-30 mins ( until golden brown)
8. When timer goes off take cookie sheet out and turn oven down to 325 (I do this because I don't like them super crispy). Cut dough into diagonal slices and arrange on cookie sheet side up.
9. Bake on sides of 4-5 mins flip and repeat on other side for 4-5mins (if you want them crispier cook for the longer time.
10. Place on cooling rack or be like me and burn your mouth eating them :).
11. If you have any left store in an air tight container!
And don't forget to eat all the crumbs :)