Monday, June 27, 2016

Maple cinnamon protein balls - two ways




I went to whole foods the other day for the first time in about 2 months so naturally I bought everything in sight....including dates. I don't even really like dates that much but while at whole foods......you buy everything you see...I wonder if they have special lighting or something (or as my friend refers to it as whole pay check). Anyways, I searched around for some recipes and ended up making a protein snack ball. I have been looking for some more snack foods anyways so figured I would try them out. I think the maple syrup (or the different type of dates) is really the secret ingredient because I have previously tried a couple of date ball recipes and not been a fan but had to make a second batch of these already! Enjoy!

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 Cup Oat Flour
  • 1/4 Cup Old Fashion Oats
  • 1 Cup Soft Dates (I soaked mine in warm water for about 5-10 mins I also used deglet dates because that is what the store had---this might be why I like the flavor better too rather than using medjool dates )
  • 3 TBSP Pure Maple Syrup 
  • 1 TBSP Vanilla Protein Powder ( I used Pe select gormet vanilla ) 
  • 1 TBSP Cinnamon
  • 1 tbsp raw pumpkin seeds (I used trader joes raw Pepitias ) 
  • 1 tbsp raw walnuts (broken up) 

Directions: 

1. Soak dates if needed to soften

2. Place dates and oat flour ( not oats)  in a food professor or ninja and pulse dates and oat flour together  until they form a mix/paste.

 3. add in the maple syrup, protein powder and cinnamon and pulse until combined. 

4. Pour then oats over the mixture and using your hands fold them in. 

5. Create two seperate smaller balls from the one mixture. Take one and set one aside. 

6. Add in the Pepitias to one fold in with your hands. Set aside and add the walnuts into the other mixture fold in using your hands. 

7. Roll the mixture into balls and place in an air tight container. Refrigerate for a couple of hours. Store in the airtight container and in the refrigerator! 



Recipie adapted from: http://peanutbutterpluschocolate.com/?s=Dates



No comments:

Post a Comment