Friday, June 10, 2016

I like sprinkles..... A lot




If you already can't tell by the background of the blog I really love sprinkles. Before I proceed let's clear something up for those of you not from around the same area....sprinkles are the colored ones and jimmies are the chocolate ones (except when ordering a donut at allies the colored ones are jimmies) Ok now that is cleared up moving on. I have been wanting to bake some funfetti goodness into my life since my huge birthday cake fails on my birthday! I am not a huge cupcake person so was trying to find something different. I obviously follow an Instagram account called sprinkles for breakfast and did a bit of perusing around on it to make a treat for a concert this weekend....was all set to make cupcakes but then found the recipe for the original version of these cookies and glad I did. You can find the original recipe here https://sprinklesforbreakfast.squarespace.com/sprinkles-for-breakfast/birthday-cake-cookies
but of course I put my own betty twist on it! Enjoy! 
 
Loaded with sprinkles birthday cake cookies: 
  • 2 1/2 cups cake flour 
  • 1 cup white wheat flour ( or AP)
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  •  A pinch of salt 
  • 2 sticks of unsalted butter (softened) 
  • 1 cup dark brown sugar 
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup 
  • 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract  
  • 1/2 cup sprinkles ( plus extra for topping)

Directions: 

  1. 1. In a mixer bowl combine butter and sugar. Mix on high until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla extract, and maple syrup.  

    2. Add dry ingredients (minus the sprinkles) and mix until just combined. (Add flour a bit at a time) 

    3. Add sprinkles and mix until just combined. 


    4. Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough balls onto a plate. Cover and chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes. 
    5. Eat a lot of raw dough because it's addicting....
    6. When ready to bake preheat oven to 350 and line baking sheet with parchment paper. 
    7. Place dough on cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes ( should be lightly colored....outsides will be crunchy and middles nice and chewy) 
    8. Move to a wire rack to cool. 

    * because I love sprinkles so much I made a thumbprint on the top of some and added more sprinkles :) simply just press your thumb and you have a nice little hole for the addition of more sprinkles :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment