Sunday, January 31, 2016

Turkey meatballs

 Betty is straying from the baking again… I know I know don't worry though a recipe for Oreos is on the way later today. I have been trying to branch out and cook more so here is another recipe I tried. The original recipe can be found here http://www.ingredientsofafitchick.com/2012/07/15/feta-turkey-meatballs-sunday-power-meal-1/. 
I have made many of Sarah’s recipes and usually make them with a little Betty spin on them. This one is no exception. Instead of using feta I used goat cheese and added parsley flakes. I decided to make ¾ of the package stuffed with the cheese and ¼ without. It makes enough that if you are only cooking for yourself you can freeze some and have them for multiple meals! Enjoy! 

Turkey Meatballs two ways:

1 package ground turkey breast (mine was 1lb) 
Crumbled goat cheese 
1tsp ground flax seed
ground black pepper
2 tsp parsley flakes 
Non stick Cooking spray 

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. 
1.in a bowl mix all the ingredients.-make sure everything is mixed really well! ( at this point I made ¾ the package of turkey with goat cheese and the remaining ¼ without- I mixed together all ingredients with cheese then mixed again without).

 
2. Form your turkey mixture into evenly sized meatballs. 

3. Place meatballs on the foil and spray tops with non stick spray. Bake for 20-25 minutes ( I tend to cook in the longer side to ensure the meat is cooked). 
4. Let cool and enjoy! Serve with sauce or without. 

(Not such a pretty picture but you get the idea)

No comments:

Post a Comment