Sunday, January 31, 2016

Another breakfast to go....Apple raspberry peanut butter mini muffins



As you know I LOVE peanut butter and almond butter and love to bake and make new creations. I have been looking and experimenting with breakfast in the go recipes because although I love my muffins from the coffee shop my wallet is not loving them as much :/ . I found this recipe via Instagram from someone I follow that endorses nuts n more products. I already bake and cook with their products but this recipe was another excuse
To use the powder which I tend to use less of compared to the actual nut butters. Head over to http://chefmiami.com/recipe/chef-miami-blondie-peanut-apple/ 
for the original recipe. I have added raspberries and the maple powder vs plain. I also baked the batter in mini muffin tins instead of a loaf pan so I can freeze them and take them in the go easier . Enjoy!!

Apple raspberry peanut butter mini muffins 


Ingredients

1 chopped apple (with or without skin)
½ half cup of raspberries (fresh or frozen-if frozen let thaw out a bit until softer)
2 cups almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup nuts n’ more maple peanut butter powder
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
3 egg whites


Directions:
Step 1

Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a loaf pan /or line mini muffin pan with liners. Chop apple.

Step 2

In a bowl combine almond flour, baking powder, peanut butter powder and protein powder.

Step 3

Add milk and egg whites. Combine until well mix.

Step 4

Add chopped apples and raspberries and mix until just combined.

Step 5

Evenly pour batter into the loaf pan or into the muffin tin. Bake for 30 minutes (if loaf pan if mini muffin tin 15-25 mins until tops is golden brown and middle is cooked) . 

Step 6

Enjoy maybe topped with some more nuts n’ more peanut butter and ice cream :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment