Friday, June 12, 2015

Healthy Raspberry Peach Snack Muffins






Raspberry Peach Muffins
Hello! I am still looking and trying for new recipes for after I work out in the morning to take on the go to work! I find myself buying way too many muffins a week at the coffee shop so I have been trying new recipes of my own to save money ( buying them everyday adds up!) I made these and froze them after a day to keep them fresh. I take them out in the morning on the way to the pool and put them in my lunch box (wow that sounds quite nerdy). They are a good temperature to have after swimming when I get to work! They are pretty good nuked in the microwave for a few seconds as well. With strawberry season upon us I think I will make a strawberry variety next.
IMG_8777.JPG


  • 2 cups oat flour
  • 1/2 cup almond flour (could sub in white wheat or all purpose!)
  • 1/4 cup ground flax
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • ¼ chopped peaches
  • ¾cup raspberries
      (you can switch around fruit measurements or all more or less of both up to your tasting preferences!)
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  • Whisk together the oat flour, almond flour, flax, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl.
  • In a separate bowl, stir together the coconut sugar and melted coconut oil. Add in the eggs and milk, stirring until smooth.
  • Add the wet ingredients to the dry, stirring until just combined. Add in the diced peaches.
  • Divide the batter evenly among a muffin tin (greased to prevent sticking, or use paper muffin cups) and top with extra peaches, if desired.
  • Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the muffins comes out clean.
  • Enjoy fresh or warmed up :)
        Store in airtight container in fridge after a day or freeze for later!


FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg'

adapted from:http://www.fannetasticfood.com/2014/06/20/dairy-gluten-free-peach-muffin-recipe/

No comments:

Post a Comment