Sunday, June 14, 2015

Chocolate Chip Oreo Blondie Bars





Yes you can call me a nerd but I love my job. Therefore I bake for my kiddos and give them some pretty fun gifts if I do say so myself....

 Anyways back to the baking. I have noticed during snack time and lunch that Oreo cookies are quite popular in my class this year so why not bake with them? Now I do love cookies but Oreo cookies are not my top choice. BUT these birthday cake ones have made me find my liking for oreo cookies again....they are a little deadly to me. NO CONTROL. Oh well.
Again, back to the baking...I found this recipe ( http://www.iheartnaptime.net/chocolate-chip-oreo-cookie-bars/) while searching for Oreo desserts but of course had to put my own Betty Twist on it. I took out the white chocolate chips and subbed in the birthday cake cookies. I also changed around a bunch of the measurements. Have fun! Feel free to use any variation of the cookie and let me know how it works if you do!
Ingredients:

    2 cups brown sugar
    1 stick unsalted butter (softened)
    2 eggs
    1 tsp vanilla ( or a nice pour :) )
    2 cups all purpose flour
    2 tsp baking powder
    a pinch of salt
    12 OREO cookies (crushed)
    1 cup mini chocolate chips

Optional: Top with 5 extra OREO cookies (crushed)
Directions:

1. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees and line a 13x9 with parchment paper
2. Crush OREO cookies- I placed mine in a plastic bag and crushed them with a big spoon!

3. Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl with a mixer.












4. Add in eggs and vanilla and stir until combined.

5. Mix the baking powder and salt with 1 cup of flour.
6. Pour 1 cup of the flour mixture into the butter mixture and mixed until combined.

7. Add in the rest of the remaining flour mixture and mix until just combined.

8. Mix in the chocolate chips until combined.
9. Mix in the OREO cookies until just combined.


10. Add dough into the lined baking dish with rubber spatula-Dough is tough to spread so make sure it is even.

11. Place in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes on until lightly browned and knife/toothpick comes out clean minus some chocolate :). If you would like take the bars out 15 minutes in and top with OREO’s that you have crushed for the top. ******See note at bottom


12.Allow bars to cool ( if you want!) and enjoy with a cold glass of milk or ice cream or both :)




**I had to put my bars back in after cooling for about 20 mins. The bottom was quite gooey still.  I don't mind it this way but some do. I put the oven at 350 for 8 mins and covered the top with tin foil

No comments:

Post a Comment