Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Never Have I ever......baked with avocado

  •  


  •  I just wanted to bake something and a blogger I follow has been teasing me posting these cookies a couple of times in the past few weeks. I have 5000000 other things I need to be doing for the start of teaching again but I had a ripe avocado so why not, right? I have never baked with an avocado but these are so good! I did not have coconut sugar, SO I became creative and subbed some chocolate protein powder to keep a solid and then added some pure maple syrup for the sweetness! The original recipe is linked at the bottom! So easy and quick to make as well! Even better they are full of healthy fats from the avocado, almond meal, and hemp hearts as well as protein from the hemp hearts and protein powder.....and full of chocolate.....a win win in my book.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  Ingredients:
  • 1 ripe avocado 
  • 1 egg
  • ¼ cup chocolate SLAP protein powder ( I used the old one)
  • heafty pour of vanilla extract
  • 2 tbs of pure maple syrup
  • ¼ cup Hershey's cacao powder
  • ¼ cup Trader Joe's hemp hearts
  • ¼ cup almond meal or flour
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 Trader Joe's dark chocolate bar chopped up


 Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheet with parchment paper 
  2. In your mixer bowl add the avocado and mix until it is all mashed up.
  3. Add in the egg, vanilla, and maple syrup and mix until combined. 
  4. Slowly add  in the SLAP, cocoa powder , hemp hearts, almond flour, and baking soda
  5. Fold in the  chocolate bar  chunks
  6. Using your cookie scooper place on pan and bake 7-8 minutes! 
     let cool on wire rack and enjoy! 


recipe adapted from: http://rachlmansfield.com/fatty-dark-chocolate-avocado-fudge-cookies/

No comments:

Post a Comment