Sunday, September 3, 2017

Dijon Mustard and Pear Ground Turkey Bites







Back to teaching mean back to lots of meal prep. I love finding easy, healthy, and QUICK recipes to put together that will last me a couple of days. I have a couple of go to bloggers that I follow for those recipes and usually adapt or change something around a bit. I love Sarah at Ingredients of a Fit Chick for these kinds of recipes! She uses minimal ingredients, all recipes are WHOLE foods and healthy for you, and usually very quick and easy to put together. My favorite that I have tried so far is a Shepherd's pie from her recipes! I changed a bit around but it was delish! I have it posted a while back but check out her site for more tasty recopies! I was at the store and bought ground turkey thinking that I would make turkey meatballs ( I have a recipe posted a bit back....but it is actually from Sarah as well!) but before I started making them I decided I wanted to try something new. The original recipe can be found here. All I did was double the ingredients and left out the ground flax ( I also did not measure the rosemary...just kept adding until it looked like a good enough amount to me). Enjoy! 

Ingredients
  • 8oz ground turkey breast
  • 4 tbs Trader Joe's whole grain Dijon mustard
  • 2 large egg whites
  • 1 small Bartlet pear, sliced and chopped.
  • rosemary flakes (I would say about 1 tbs---I just sprinkled and mixed and repeated until looked good!)
Directions
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and spray muffin tin with coconut oil spray.
2. In your mixing bowl, combine the turkey, mustard, egg whites, and rosemary.
3. When the above is combined, fold in the pear. 
5. add the mixture to the prepared muffin tins (my mix made about 9 medium/small bites)

6. Cook for 20-25 minutes
7. Enjoy! 
8. Freeze any to last for meals super easy to pop out and defrost! 

No comments:

Post a Comment