Thursday, August 10, 2017

I don't even like lemon desserts....but here are some lemon and lemon raspberry cupcakes.


  • I have only been back from my world travels for about a day and a half but have love being back in my own kitchen! Did a bunch of meal prep ( I can post pictures for ideas but didn't measure anything!) and added in some baking today! I am not a huge lemon dessert fan but lemon was requested so lemon is what I made. I do not like lemon bars at all so did not really want to make those but did come up with a good idea for them so maybe next time! Was thinking of doing lemon raspberry or strawberry lemonade but just lemon was requested so I stuck with lemon on lemon....lemon cupcakes with lemon frosting. I will say the frosting might have swayed my lemon opinions.....
  • **also just because I wanted to I stuck a few raspberries in the end of the batch and YUM! Lemon raspberry and the smell of these cooking was delightful! Enjoy! 
  •  











  • Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2  eggs                                                                                     
  • hearty pour of pure vanilla extract
  • 1 cup of cake flour
  • 1/2 cup of AP flour 
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 2 pinches of ginger
  • 1/2 cup milk 
  • zest of two lemons
  • juice of two lemons

  • -favorite vanilla (or raspberry) butter cream recipe. I used my regular one and just added in the zest of half a lemon.
  •            
  •  










 
  • Directions:
  •  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake tin with liners.
  • 2. add butter and sugar to you mixing bowl. 
  • 3. combine on medium speed until fluffy. 
  •            

  • 4. add the eggs, vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest. 
  •    

  • 5. mix until just combined. 
  • 6. In a separate bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, salt, and ginger. 
  • 7. add half of the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. 
  • 8. add in the milk and mix until just combined. 
  • 9. add in the remaining flour mixture and stop mixing when combined! 
  •          

  • 10. add batter to prepared tin. 
  •                      

  • **my batter made about 17 medium/smaller cupcakes so after the first 12 I added in a handful of fresh raspberries to the batter and folded them in!











  •  
  • 11. Bake for 16-20 minutes. Knife should come out clean but they will still be light in color! 
  • 12. let cool, frost and enjoy!
  •                     

recipe adapted from: https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2013/04/11/homemade-lemon-cupcakes-with-vanilla-frosting/

No comments:

Post a Comment