I don't even like lemon desserts....but here are some lemon and lemon raspberry cupcakes.
I have only been back from my world travels for about a day and a half but have love being back in my own kitchen! Did a bunch of meal prep ( I can post pictures for ideas but didn't measure anything!) and added in some baking today! I am not a huge lemon dessert fan but lemon was requested so lemon is what I made. I do not like lemon bars at all so did not really want to make those but did come up with a good idea for them so maybe next time! Was thinking of doing lemon raspberry or strawberry lemonade but just lemon was requested so I stuck with lemon on lemon....lemon cupcakes with lemon frosting. I will say the frosting might have swayed my lemon opinions.....
**also just because I wanted to I stuck a few raspberries in the end of the batch and YUM! Lemon raspberry and the smell of these cooking was delightful! Enjoy!
1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
1 cup white sugar
hearty pour of pure vanilla extract
1 cup of cake flour
1/2 cup of AP flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
pinch of salt
2 pinches of ginger
1/2 cup milk
zest of two lemons
juice of two lemons
-favorite vanilla (or raspberry) butter cream recipe. I used my regular one and just added in the zest of half a lemon.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake tin with liners.
2. add butter and sugar to you mixing bowl.
3. combine on medium speed until fluffy.
4. add the eggs, vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
5. mix until just combined.
6. In a separate bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, salt, and ginger.
7. add half of the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
8. add in the milk and mix until just combined.
9. add in the remaining flour mixture and stop mixing when combined!
10. add batter to prepared tin.
**my batter made about 17 medium/smaller cupcakes so after the first 12 I added in a handful of fresh raspberries to the batter and folded them in!
11. Bake for 16-20 minutes. Knife should come out clean but they will still be light in color!