The title pretty much says it all. I bought a couple bags of dark chocolate peanut M&M's at Target last weekend and I had one bag left staring at me. I wanted to bake but couldn't decide what so I made these babies. Enjoy!
- 1 large egg
- 1 stick of unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 hearty pour of pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1pinch of sea salt
- 1 large bag of dark chocolate peanut M&M's(or flavor of choice)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with oil or line with melted butter (not the one listed in the recipe!)
- In your mixer bowl add the sugar and butter and mix until combined.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add in the flour and salt and mix until JUST COMBINED!
- Fold in the 3/4 the bag of M&M'Ss.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and smooth out the top.
- Top the smoothed out batter with the remaining M&M's.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes ( when a knife inserted in the center comes out clean without batter...will have melted chocolate).
- Let bars and pan cool and the cut and serve!
recipe adapted from: https://www.averiecooks.com/2015/05/mms-chocolate-chip-cookie-bars.html#