Monday, August 3, 2015

A birthday cake.....or cookie :) Giant Chcolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie

Facts about Betty:
I like to bake. 
I partly like to bake to satisfy my own sweet tooth.
I like to bake for birthdays.
When baking for birthdays I put my own selffish desires aside and bake with the birthday person in mind. 
YES. I actually bake what they would enjoy. surprising. I know. 

This time I believe both parties benefited but I could be wrong (I know I did though!). I am not a HUGE peanut butter cookie fan BUT I am a HUE nuts n'more fan......I mean who isnt?! The recipient of this gift loves peanut butter cookies but I was not sure about his thoughts on cake so why not make a oversize peanut butter cookie to serve as a cake? The cookie vs. cake decision was made and it hightly benefited me because I got to open a new jar of nuts 'n more (my self control was missing when I did this woops....)  :) 
Just look at that delightfulness (yes I made that word up) in a jar. Anyways back to the recipe I used this recipe for a guide for measurements but changed it up a bit.
http://kirbiecravings.com/2015/03/single-serving-giant-flourless-peanut-butter-cookie.html

Giant Chocolate Chip Peanutbutter Cookie:


Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup nuts n'more toffee crunch peanut butter (salted caramel is up next!)
  • 1/4 cup light brown sugar
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tbsp of a whisked egg
  • 3/4 of a Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate bar chopped and some shaved (this is really up to your chocolate liking if you want more or less and if you want chunks or shavings in the cookie)
  • Trader Joe's Maple Agave Syrup
 Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Chop and shave chocolate bar.
3. Whisk egg and set aside.

4. In a bowl combine the peanut butter, brown sugar, baking powder and whisked egg. 
5. Mix until batter is smooth. 
6. Add in the chocolate chips/chunks and mix until combined. (save a few to top the cookie with if you would like!)
****At this point I decided that the dough was a little too dry so I added a nice sized pour of Trader Joe's Maple Agave Syrup and mixed unitl combined. 
7.  Using hands shape the dough to form a round cookie shape and place on baking sheet (Press remaining chocolate on top if you set some aside). 

9. Bake for approximately 13-15 minutes until cookie is done. The edges should be browned but the middle will still be a lighter shade of brown.

10. Remove cookie from the oven. Cookie will still be a little soft still.  Let cookie cool on rack for about 15 minutes to settle and set before removing and eating.......because it was for a birthday I actually had to follow this step (but there were some nice crumbs around....)

11. Enjoy! I suggest heating up and topping with some ice cream :) or add in some candles and sing happy birthday to someone special :)


No comments:

Post a Comment