Thursday, July 30, 2015

Naner Love..........Maple peanut butter chocolate chip breakfast cookies


Those of you that know me know that other than chocolate milk, pancakes, and ice cream, PEANUT BUTTER and naners are the other two foods I could eat all day everyday. I have recently moved and at the time I made these I had not used my oven yet! I know shocker....especially when you see a picture of my new kitchen....it is true love at its finest :). Anyways I had been having a problem with my ac system but decided I needed to bake anyways. I decided because the ac was having such a problem I needed to make something that didn't take too long and was not to intricate or required a lot of prep work either. I had been craving some chocolate chip cookies so was planning on those but then realized that the heat and humidity in my apartment was not so slowing causing my naners to ripen and brown. Therefore, regular chocolate chip cookies went on the back burner and I was trying something new. I had a cookie very similar from Pots n' Kettles food truck on Block Island ( they had coconut and more in it) and really liked it. I have never made chocolate chip cookies with naners but figured it was pretty simple and did not require much heat,prep, or baking time. I knew in my head that all you really need for these breakfast naner cookies are naners, oats, a nut butter, and chocolate chips (you can also add in nuts or dried fruit if you want). BUT I wanted to make these a little different. I had just made a little trip to the Nuts 'n more peanut butter store and picked up some maple peanut butter powder :) YUM. Instead of adding in the toffee crunch peanut butter I decided to use the maple powder.....great life choice (lets be honest anything using their products is a great life choice). Well now that I have totally gone on a tangent back to the breakfast cookies. I decided on a maple peanut butter chocolate chip cookie. These are more of a oat cookie that you can have anytime (much different consistency than a true cookie...although you could add flour in to make them more similar). You can even enjoy these for breakfast :) or just all day long like I did! Make sure to store the extra in a sealed container in the fridge. 

Maple peanut butter chocolate chip breakfast cookies:

 
Ingredients: 
   2 medium/larger over ripe naners  
  1 cup of  old fashioned oats 
   2 TBSP of nuts 'n more maple peanut butter powder 
  3/4  of a dark chocolate bar chopped into small pieces and some shavings (or a handful or 3 of chocolate chips)

optional items to add: nuts of your choice, dried fruit, a different chocolate, honey, maple syrup, coconut


Directions:
 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Chop and shave chocolate, set aside.
2. Place naners in a large mixing bowl and beat until mashed. 


3. Add in oats and peanut butter powder and mix until combined. 


 
4. Add in the chocolate (or what you choose to add) and mix in with a spatula until combined. 


                                               (obviously I added in more after this picture)

5. Spoon out the size you would like and place on lined baking sheet. Dough will not be as dry as normal cookie dough so I would use a spoon (if you think your dough is still too wet add in more oats)! 

6. Place in preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes. Cookies should cook through but not dry out completely. 

7. Take out of oven and let cool. OR enjoy right away (think about it....they are like baked oatmeal!) Top with some ice cream, peanut butter, or even some honey! If you have enough left store in a sealed container in the fridge. Let's be honest though....how could you have any left over? They are quite addicting and they are healthy!



No comments:

Post a Comment