Anyways back to the point. A large sweet tooth means always so so many cales, cookies, and anything you can think of. With that being said and knowing Easter is a brunch meal I decided to make biscotti to take rather than a dessert dessert. I have been making this recipe for quite some time and it is super simple. I have adapted it from http://provennutritionforkids.com/homemade-almond-biscotti/. I don't like my biscotti super crunchy so tend to cook it for a little less time. I usually chill the dough for at least an hour but this time I did chill it overnight. There was not muh of a difference might have just browned quicker ( you would think the opposite would happen?)
1 stick of unsalted butter softened
1 cup dark brown sugar
A heafty pour of vanilla
3 cups of white wheat flour
A pinch of sea salt
1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup (or to your liking) sliced almonds
1. Cream together butter and sugar until smooth.
2. Add in eggs and vanilla
3. Add in 2 cups of the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined
( at this point I usually add in the remaining cup of flour but decided to add in almonds first this time)
4. Add in almonds and mix until just combined. Add in final cup of flour and mix in using hands. Dough might seem a tad crumbly so make sure all is incorporated.
7. When ready preheat oven to 350
Place logs on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in oven for 20-30 mins ( until golden brown)
9. Bake on sides of 4-5 mins flip and repeat on other side for 4-5mins (if you want them crispier cook for the longer time.
10. Place on cooling rack or be like me and burn your mouth eating them :). They go great in a cup of coffee!