Saturday, April 4, 2015

A holiday is just another excuse to bake.



Like the title states: a holiday is just another excuse to bake. Well at least for me 😋. Around Easter time I tend to bake with mini cadbury eggs because they are just fantastic. I already did that this holiday season (will post that recipe) with banana oat breakfast cookies adding in the mini eggs for the chocolate.  I figured I would just make more of a dessert bar using the eggs because I bought so many bags but inspiration came from elsewhere. There is a lady I swim with at the Y who gives a  treat bag/creation every holiday. My day was made when I got to the bottom of it and rediscovered robin egg whoppers. SO GOOD. How could I forget these existed? So instead of making something similar to what I always do for Easter I decided to change it up. And that is how this creation came into existence. I took measurements from another brownie recipe but really just mixed the stuff together and tasted the batter until it tasted good ( if I die of salmonella that is why). 












1 bag of mini robins egg whoppers
1/2 cup of white sugar
1/2 cup of white wheat flour
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 stick of unsalted butter
2 eggs
a pinch or two of sea salt
1/4 tsp of baking powder
a pour of vanilla (I never measure my vanilla sorry!)

Instructions:

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Place the bag of candy into a big ziplock bag. Use a rolling pin or another hard object and bang the candy to crush it.
Line baking dish with parchment paper ( I used a 7 x 11)
Add softened stick of butter to mixer and cream together with the sugar.
Add eggs, vanilla and beat until mixed
Add in cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder.
Mix until combined and then fold in crushed up robin’s eggs :) (save a few to top off mixture)
Spread into the prepared pan. Top with remaining crushed candy.
Bake for 20-25 mins. or until your liking.
Don’t be like me and take them out of the dish right away or they will break apart……let cook in pan on a cooling rack and then…….
ENJOY WITH SOME MILK AND ICE CREAM :)

No comments:

Post a Comment